News Ticker

[VIDEO] KING KONG GONE WRONG: Panic as King Kong Model Catches Fire at Premiere in Vietnam

At the Thursday night event in Ho Chi Minh City, the replica 16ft replica Kong was engulfed in flame following the faux eruption of a simulated volcano. Onlookers captured the scene on their phones. 

king-kong-fire

The blaze was quickly put out by firefighters and guests were still able to enter the theater and enjoy the screening of monster movie. No injuries were reported.

In a statement, released in both Vietnamese and English, a Vietnamese rep for Warner Bros. said, “There was a small fire at an outdoor atrium at CGV Cinema in Ho Chi Minh City during a Kong: Skull Island opening event.  We are very grateful that no one was hurt.”

The WB statement added: “The fire was extinguished quickly and after all was deemed safe, the resiliency of Kong’s Vietnamese fans came through when they filled the theater to enjoy the film. We want to express our gratitude to the Ho Chi Minh City fire department, who kept everyone in attendance safe, as well as the CGV management, who acted quickly to address the situation.” … (read more)

Source: Hollywood Reporter

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: