The new Siri Eyes Free feature is available via a dealer installed accessory for the 2013-2014 Honda Accord and the 2013 Acura RDX and ILX, but we’re hearing the new iOS in the Car features, which will likely be branded under Honda’s Hondalink brand, will be limited initially to the just unveiled 2014 Civic.
This year Apple unveiled a new strategy to further integrate its mobile platform into vehicles with the introduction of iOS in the Car at WWDC in June. The new features will see Apple working with car manufacturers to allow users to place calls, have more control over Siri, and view maps, and that integration will make its first appearance in Honda’s new Civic Coupe next week. iOS in the Car is expected to make an appearance in new vehicles in 2014 and Apple is already working with Audi, BMW, Chrysler, General Motors, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, and Toyota to implement Siri Eyes Free.Customers can visit a Honda or Acura dealership to purchase and install Siri Eyes Free integration so compatible iPhone customers can direct Siri to perform tasks while they keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel. By reengineering the software in select vehicles (through the HondaLink™ or AcuraLink™ connected car systems) Siri seamlessly works with HandsFreeLink® via the onboard microphone and speakers.
- Honda to introduce iOS integration with 2014 range, unveiling in December (trustedreviews.com)
- Honda Civic models will be getting iOS mirroring next year (techi.com)
- Honda To Introduce iOS Mirroring In 2014 Civic Model (ubergizmo.com)
- Honda introduces iOS mirroring in new 2014 Civic Coupe, promised Siri Eyes Free updates incoming (9to5mac.com)
- Honda 2014 Civic first to iOS 7 mirroring with Siri update in the works (slashgear.com)
- Select Honda and Acura Vehicles Now Offering Siri Eyes Free Integration (virtual-strategy.com)
- 2014 Honda Civic models to support iOS mirroring (vr-zone.com)
- Honda Civic Coupe 2014 Set To Be The First Car With iOS Mirroring, Releasing Next Month (redmondpie.com)
- Honda ‘to add iOS in-car mirroring to 2014 range’ (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Honda first to offer Apple’s new in-car system (macombdaily.com)